Fresh Mozzarella Salad Recipe
- 2 medium red and/or yellow sweet peppers
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 cups fresh arugula or spinach
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 small fresh hot peppers, halved (optional)
step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Halve sweet peppers lengthwise; remove stems, seeds, and membranes. Place peppers, cut side down, on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until skins are blistered and dark. Remove from oven; immediately cover tightly with foil. Let stand about 30 minutes to steam.
step 2: Remove skin from peppers; discard. Cut roasted sweet peppers into 3x1-1/2-inch strips. On chilled salad plates, loosely overlap sweet pepper strips, mozzarella slices, and half of the arugula or spinach. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with pepper and salt, if desired.
step 3: Surround with remaining arugula or spinach. Garnish with hot pepper half, if desired.