Fried Dill Pickles Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sliced dill pickles, drained
- 1 quart vegetable oil for deep-frying
step 1: In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, 1 tablespoon of flour, and Worcestershire sauce. In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining flour, salt, and pepper.
step 2: Heat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a deep-fryer or heavy deep skillet. Dip pickle slices into the milk mixture, then into the flour mixture. Repeat dipping.
step 3: Place the pickles carefully into the hot oil. Avoid over crowding by frying in several batches. Fry until pickles float to the surface, and are golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.