Fried Zucchini Recipe
- 2 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
step 1: Place zucchini and onions in a medium bowl and mix together.
step 2: In a small bowl mix flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
step 3: Pour dry mixture over zucchini/onion mixture, cover bowl and shake well. Let mixture sit for about 30 minutes; a batter will form on the vegetables.
step 4: In a medium skillet heat oil over medium heat. When oil is hot add breaded vegetables and fry, turning to brown evenly.