Frog Eyed Salad Recipe
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package acini di pepe pasta
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
step 1: In large saucepan over low heat, combine sugar, egg yolks, flour, pineapple juice and lemon juice. Stir and cook until thickened. Remove from heat.
step 2: While sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
step 3: In large bowl, combine cooked mixture with pasta and toss to coat thoroughly. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
step 4: Toss pasta with pineapple, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, marshmallows and whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.