Frozen Tiramisu Recipe
- ½ cup strong coffee (made from instant is fine)
- 3 tablespoons rum (dark or light)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers
- ½ gallon coffee ice cream, softened on microwave's defrost setting for 1 minute
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely grated
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅓ cup half-and-half
step 1: Mix coffee and rum. Line a 2-quart metal loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang. Use a pastry brush to paint the spiked coffee onto the ladyfingers. Then line the bottom and sides of the pan with ladyfingers, rounded side out.
step 2: Reserving 1/2 cup of chocolate for garnish, stir rest of chocolate into ice cream. Turn ice cream into loaf pan, using a rubber spatula to press ice cream evenly into pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
step 3: When ready to serve, mix cheese, liqueur and sugar until smooth; whisk in half-and-half to form a thick but pourable sauce. Unmold dessert, using ends of plastic wrap to remove it from pan; peel away wrap. Slice loaf, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with chocolate.