Coffee Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup finely ground almonds
- 1 ¼ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar for decoration
step 1: In large bowl combine almonds, flour, confectioners' sugar and coffee. Cut in the butter and mix together until well blended. Shape dough into a ball, wrap in foil or plastic and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
step 2: On lightly floured surface roll chilled dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with 2 inch cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet and sprinkle tops with granulated sugar.
step 3: Bake 10-12 minutes in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven or until edges are just firm. Remove from sheet. Cool cookies on wire rack.