Fruit Icebox Pie Recipe
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
step 1: In a medium bowl, cream together butter and confectioners sugar. mix in eggs and vanilla extract. Spread half of cookie crumbs into bottom of a 9 inch pie pan. Spread creamed mixture evenly over the crumbs.
step 2: Whip cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold in pineapple, bananas, dates, and nuts. Spread over butter mixture. Top with remaining cookie crumbs.
step 3: Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Chill 24 hours before serving.