Fruit Pie Recipe
- 3 recipes pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can pitted sour red pie cherries
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 4 cups dried currants
- 3 cups dried cranberries
- 2 (16 ounce) cans gooseberries
- 6 apples - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 ¼ cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl, mix together cherries, cherry pie filling, currants, cranberries, gooseberries, apples, sugar, cinnamon, and almond extract. Allow to set 15 minutes.
step 3: Spoon equal amounts of fruit mixture into 3 pastry-lined 9 inch pie pans. Dot each pie with 1 tablespoon butter. Cover each pie with top pastry. Seal edges and cut steam vents in tops.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden brown.