Fruit and Nut Slaw Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) container orange flavored yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
step 1: Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cut pineapple into thin strips, and place in a large bowl.
step 2: In a medium bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice and lemon juice. Toss with banana, and add to pineapple. Add cabbage, celery, mandarin oranges, walnuts and raisins; toss to combine.
step 3: Blend yogurt and salt together, and add to cabbage mixture; toss lightly. Cover, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.