Fruited Almond Cheesecake Tart Recipe
- 1/2 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup canned almond paste, broken into small chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves, drained
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
step 1: Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Press pie crust into 9-inch tart pan or pie plate. Prick the bottom. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack.
step 2: Meanwhile, in a mixer or food processor, blend together cream cheese and almond paste until smooth. Blend in condensed milk, lemon juice and peel.
step 3: Spread mixture in the bottom of the baked pastry shell. Arrange fruit, cut sides down, alternating apricots with pears in a decorative pattern on top of the filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
step 4: Refrigerate until the filling is firm, at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.