Fruity Rice Mix Recipe
- 11 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 1/2 cups diced dried apricots
- 2 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
step 1: In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients and mix well. Store in airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
step 2: To prepare rice: In a saucepan, combine 1 cup rice mix, water and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the water is absorbed.