Fusion Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup mild green tomatillo salsa
step 1: Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken strips in the skillet, and sprinkle with the red wine vinegar. Season with 1/2 the pepper, 1/2 the oregano, 1/2 the garlic powder, and 1/2 the nutmeg. Cook 5 minutes, turn, and season with remaining pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and nutmeg.
step 2: Place the cilantro, onion, and apples over the chicken in the skillet. Cover, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until chicken juices run clear and apples are slightly tender.
step 3: Place the tomatillo salsa in a bowl, and cook in the microwave 2 minutes on High, or until heated through. Serve over the cooked chicken and apples.