Garbanzo Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tomato, chopped
step 1: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in oregano, basil, garlic, and pepper. Add the garbanzo beans and zucchini, stirring well to coat with oil and herbs. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
step 2: Stir in mushrooms and cilantro, and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Place the chopped tomato on top of the mixture. Cover, and let the tomatoes steam for a few minutes, but don't let them get mushy. Serve immediately.