Garden Basket Pasta with Clam Sauce Recipe
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
step 1: Drain clams, reserving 1 cup clam juice; set clams aside.
step 2: Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced onion, carrot, and garlic; saute 3 minutes; add reserved clam juice, tomatoes, bell pepper, salt, red/black pepper and bring to boil. Reduce, heat and simmer 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
step 3: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Remove sauce from heat, stir in clams, parsley, and basil. Pour over pasta and gently toss.