Garden Quesadillas Recipe
- 2 small green and/or red sweet peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin 1-inch-long strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fat-free cream cheese (tub style)
- 5 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- Salsa (optional)
step 1: In a large nonstick skillet cook sweet peppers and onion in 1 teaspoon of the oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in cumin and chili powder. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in cilantro. Set vegetables aside.
step 2: Spread cream cheese over half of 1 side of each tortilla. Top with pepper mixture. Fold tortilla in half over peppers, pressing gently.
step 3: Place tortillas on an ungreased large baking sheet. Brush tortillas with the remaining oil. Bake in a 425 degree F. oven for 5 minutes. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve warm. If desired, pass the salsa.