Garlic, Spinach, and Chickpea Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/3 quarts vegetable stock
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 1/2 pound spinach, rinsed and chopped
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- salt to taste
step 1: Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and stir in garlic and onion. Cook until tender. Season with cumin and coriander.
step 2: Mix vegetable stock and potatoes into the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer about 10 minutes. Stir in the garbanzo beans, and continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
step 3: In a small bowl, blend the heavy cream, tahini, and corn meal. Mix into the soup.
step 4: Stir spinach into the soup. Season with cayenne pepper and salt. Continue to cook until spinach is heated through.