Gator Salsa Recipe
- 10 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds green bell peppers, diced
- 12 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 pound green chile peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
step 1: Bring a large saucepan filled 2/3 full with water to boil. Blanch tomatoes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel and chop.
step 2: Place tomatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
step 3: In a separate large saucepan, bring approximately 2 quarts lightly salted water to boil. Place green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, habanero chile peppers, green chile peppers, onions and garlic in the boiling water. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
step 4: Drain vegetables and stir into saucepan with tomatoes. Mix in white sugar, ground black pepper and chopped fresh cilantro. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in more water if necessary to attain desired consistency.
step 5: Transfer the finished salsa to sterile containers, and store in the refrigerator until serving.