Ginger's Cherry Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt, set aside.
step 2: In a medium bowl, cream the butter and almond extract until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Carefully stir in the cherry pie filling, then fold in the dry ingredients. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
step 3: Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Frost with a chocolate frosting of your choice.