Ginger Beef Curry (Slow Cooker Version) Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 pounds lean boneless beef chuck, cut into 1/2 by 2 inch strips
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (2 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
step 1: Place beef and flour in a large, resealable plastic bag. Shake to coat beef with flour. In a small bowl, mix tomato paste and water.
step 2: In a large slow cooker, combine onions, ginger, garlic, cinnamon stick, turmeric, and paprika. Place beef on onions, and sprinkle with cumin, coriander, cardamom, cloves, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg. Pour tomato paste mixture over meat. Cover, and cook on LOW setting until beef is very tender, about 8 to 9 hours.
step 3: When ready to serve, season to taste with salt, and stir in cilantro.