Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 1 pound carrots, cut in chunks
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- chives for garnish
step 1: In a large pot, saute onions in olive oil until soft. Add carrots, broth, ginger and cinnamon. Simmer until carrots are thoroughly cooked, 30-40 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
step 2: Stir in juice and half-and-half. Serve warm or chilled, garnished with snippets of chives.