Ginger Glazed Chicken with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits, drained, reserving juice
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
step 1: Combine first 8 ingredients ingredients except chicken, in small bowl. Place chicken in resealable bag. Pour glaze over chicken coating well. Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours.
step 2: Combine pineapple tidbits, red onion, cilantro and lime juice in small bowl. Refrigerate 1 hour.
step 3: Heat grill to medium-high.
step 4: Drain chicken. Pour marinade into small saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes.
step 5: Grill chicken; covered, 6 minutes. Brush with marinade, turn and cook 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F in thickest part of chicken. Baste several times while cooking.
step 6: Serve with heaping portions of salsa.