Ginger Snap Cookies Recipe
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Cream the butter and the brown sugar until fluffy. Add molasses and eggs and mix well.
step 3: Combine flour, ground ginger, baking soda and salt and add to butter mixture. Blend in fresh and candied ginger. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment covered baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool.