Gingerbread Pancakes Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 3 cups milk
- 6 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons dark molasses
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
step 1: In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, cocoa, ginger, cinnamon and cloves; stir in hazelnuts. Set aside.
step 2: In a medium bowl whisk together milk, egg whites and molasses.
step 3: Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into it. Stir just enough to moisten; batter will be lumpy.
step 4: Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.