Gingered Turkey with Potatoes and Chick Peas Recipe
- 1 pound turkey cutlets cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 roma (plum) tomato
- 1 (8 ounce) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
step 1: In small bowl, combine turkey strips, green onions, ginger, cumin, coriander, pepper and salt. Set aside while preparing other ingredients.
step 2: Boil potatoes for about 10 minutes or until just tender; drain.
step 3: In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil; add turkey strips; saute for 5 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
step 4: Toss in potatoes, chick peas, tomatoes and cilantro; heat for about 1 minute and serve.