Glazed Pork Medallions with Soy-Laced Peach and Ginger Sauce Recipe
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE
- 8 shallots, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 3 cups peach preserves
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons julienned fresh ginger root
- 4 teaspoons coriander seed, coarsely cracked*
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE DISH
- 2 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
step 1: Saute shallots, garlic and minced ginger in hot sesame oil in large saucepan over medium heat 8 minutes, or until shallots are lightly caramelized. Add preserves. Increase heat to high; bring to boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce, vinegar, julienned ginger and coriander. Cool completely. Store in covered plastic container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Stir well before using. Makes about 4 cups sauce.
step 2: Holding knife at slight angle, cut pork crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices; flatten pieces slightly. Brown pork on both sides in hot oil over medium-high heat in large skillet with cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 2 minutes. Turn pork over; cook, covered, 2 minutes longer, or until pork is just done. Remove pan from heat; spoon 1/3 cup Sauce evenly over pork. Serve with additional Sauce.