- 2 (6.8 ounce) packages Spanish-style rice mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives - drained and finely chopped
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a saucepan bring salted water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
step 3: Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet and brown cubed chicken; add green onion and saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until soft.
step 4: Spread cooked rice in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Add chicken/onion mixture and blend together; flatten with spatula, then sprinkle with cheese and olives.
step 5: Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.