Gobi Masala (Cauliflower Curry) Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut cream
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
- salt to taste
step 1: Dissolve the coconut cream in 5 tablespoons milk.
step 2: Soak the tamarind in 2 tablespoons boiling water, 5 to 10 minutes. Squeeze the husk and discard the tamarind piece, save the water.
step 3: Combine the tamarind water with the flour, chili powder and coriander in a mixing bowl, mix well. Add the cauliflower and coconut milk, stir until cauliflower is coated.
step 4: Heat oil in a saucepan. Place the mustard seeds in the oil, when they start popping add the cauliflower mixture. Cover with a lid and simmer until cauliflower is tender, stir occasionally.