Gone to Heaven Chocolate Pie Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shell
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups HERSHEY®'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, divided
- Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
step 1: Bake pie shell; cool. Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart saucepan. Combine egg yolks and milk in container with pouring spout. Gradually blend milk mixture into sugar mixture.
step 2: Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Add 1-3/4 cups chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended. Pour into prepared pie shell; press plastic wrap onto filling. Cool. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled and firm. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining chocolate chips, if desired.