Grandmom Marino's Easter Meat Pie Recipe
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced ham
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced salami
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Tear the ham and salami into small pieces and place in a medium bowl. Stir in the ricotta cheese, egg and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Press one pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate and fill with the meat mixture. Cover with the other pie crust and press the edges together to seal. Cut a few slits in the top to vent steam.
step 3: Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the crust is golden brown and filling is set. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold before serving.