Greek Isle Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 (6.8 ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Beef Flavor
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 8 ounces thick sliced deli roast beef, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
step 1: In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
step 2: Slowly stir in 2-1/2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Cool completely.
step 3: In large bowl, combine cooled rice mixture, beef, onion, olives and tomatoes; set aside.
step 4: In small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and pepper with wire whisk. Toss rice mixture with dressing. Chill at least 30 minutes. Garnish with cucumber slices and cheese.