Greek Isles Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 medium eggplant
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 inch) pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 pound kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups pizza blend shredded cheese
- garnish: fresh oregano sprigs
step 1: PEEL eggplant, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Sprinkle with salt, and press gently between paper towels; set aside.
step 2: BRUSH pizza crust with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Arrange tomato slices over crust. Sprinkle with eggplant, olive halves, and next 4 ingredients. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
step 3: BAKE at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Garnish, if desired.