Greek Souzoukaklia Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/8 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
step 1: Preheat grill for high heat.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, onion, raisins, and parsley. Season with cayenne pepper, cinnamon, coriander, nutmeg, sugar, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Form into 6 flat sausages around skewers. Lightly brush sausages with oil; this prevents sticking to the grill.
step 3: Arrange skewers on hot grill grate. Cook for approximately 15 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly, until well done.