Green Bean Stew Recipe
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
step 1: Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Stir in tomato paste, and heat through. Set aside.
step 2: Place green beans and water in a medium saucepan. Arrange onions and green pepper in layers over beans. Sprinkle turmeric, and salt and pepper over vegetables, and pour tomato paste over everything. Cover. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender and all water has evaporated.