Green Bean Supreme Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh green beans
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 12 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2.8 ounce) can French-fried onion rings
step 1: Steam beans over a pot of boiling water until tender but still firm. Rinse under cold water to cool.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 3: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions. Add salt, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mushroom soup; mix well.
step 4: In a small casserole dish, layer half the beans, chestnuts, cheese and soup mixture. Repeat layer.
step 5: Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with onions and heat 10 minutes longer.