Green Bean and Portobello Mushroom Casserole Recipe
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt with no MSG
- 1/3 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans French cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and fry until crisp. Remove from the skillet to drain on paper towels. Pour olive oil into the skillet, and reduce heat to medium. When oil is hot, add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring frequently until the onions start to become translucent. Add garlic, and fry for a couple of minutes, just until fragrant. Stir in the mushroom soup and almonds, and bring to a boil. Season with seasoned salt and white pepper, and crumble in the bacon. Gently stir in the green beans, then transfer the mixture to a casserole dish.
step 3: Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the top. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.