Green Chile Rollover Bites Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened, cut in half
- 2 (4 ounce) cans ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning mix
- ORTEGA® Salsa (any flavor)
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F. Grease baking sheet.
step 2: SEPARATE dough into four 3 x 6-inch rectangles on cutting board; press seams closed. Spread half block cream cheese onto each rectangle; top each rectangle with half can chiles. Fold rectangles in half lengthwise; cut each into eight pieces.
step 3: COMBINE milk and egg in small bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and seasoning mix in shallow dish. Dip each bite into milk mixture; roll in breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet.
step 4: BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa.