Green Chili Stew Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
step 1: In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil and brown the stew meat and the onions until onions are translucent; about 5 minutes
step 2: Pour in the diced tomatoes with chiles, beef broth and chile peppers. Stir in the garlic salt and cumin. Salt and pepper to taste.
step 3: Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Add a little more beef broth or water if needed during simmering.
step 4: Stir in cubed potatoes to the mixture and simmer for an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.