Green Olive Chicken II Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- ½ cup sliced green olives
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
step 1: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until lightly browned. Stir in tomatoes, water, bell pepper, mushrooms, parsley, paprika, salt, pepper, rice and olives. Arrange chicken in skillet, cover and bring to a boil.
step 2: Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 1 hour. Note: If chicken is cooked through but rice is unfinished, remove chicken and let rice finish cooking; to serve, slice chicken and lay on top of cooked rice.