Green Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 pound mixed salad greens
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until nuts begin to brown.
step 2: In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, oil, cranberries, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and water. Process until smooth.
step 3: In a large bowl, toss the almonds, onion, blue cheese, and greens with the vinegar mixture until evenly coated.