Green Tomato Pie I Recipe
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ⅓ cups white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced green tomatoes
step 1: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
step 2: Prepare pie plate with bottom layer of crust.
step 3: Mix together the flour, lemon peel, lemon juice, butter, ground cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Stir in the green tomatoes to coat. Pour into crust. Cover with top crust. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
step 4: Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake another 30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Allow pie to cool before serving.