Grilled Catfish with Remoulade Sauce Recipe
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets (7 to 9 oz. each)
- Remoulade Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard or horseradish mustard
- 1/4 cup scallions, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Spice Mixture:
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
step 1: For the Remoulade Sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl and refrigerate.
step 2: For the Spice Mixture, combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
step 3: Prepare your grill to medium to medium-high heat. Lay the catfish fillets on a tray or plate and sprinkle with the Spice Mixture on both sides, coating well. When the grill is ready, lay all the fillets on the rack and rub the fillets back and forth; turnover and rub back and forth again. You can either do this with your hand, very quickly, or use tongs. This is a great way to help keep the fillets from sticking to the grill without using oil. Grill the catfish for about 4 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through.
step 4: Place the fillets on dinner plates and top with the Remoulade Sauce. Serve with hush puppies and cole slaw, or your favorite side dishes.