Grilled Chicken Breasts with Zesty Peanut Sauce Recipe
- 8 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons JIF® Creamy (or extra crunchy) Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup CRISCO® All-Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1 cup JIF® Creamy (or extra crunchy) Peanut Butter
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
step 1: Wash, trim and pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
step 2: Combine chicken and next 8 ingredients in a plastic bag. Marinate 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
step 3: Combine the JIF(R), coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and cayenne in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 15 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in the stock and cream. Cook 1 minute more, whisking; set aside.
step 4: Preheat grill. Remove chicken from marinade and place on a hot grill. Grill until browned - about 4 to 6 minutes on each side (or until center is no longer pink) - turning only once.
step 5: Serve hot topped with the peanut sauce. Sprinkle with the cilantro.