Grilled Fillet, Mushroom and Brown Rice Soup Recipe
- 1 (7.6 ounce) package Gorton's® Grilled Fillets (any flavor)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced white mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) package assorted sliced wild mushrooms
- 1 cup bagged shredded carrots
- 1 clove garlic, crushed with press
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken broth
- 3/4 cup instant brown rice
- 2 cups water
step 1: In 4 qt saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper, and cook 1 minute, stirring.
step 2: Add broth, rice, and 2 cups water and fish fillets, cover and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook partially covered for 10 minutes. Break fish apart and serve.