Grilled Jerk Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup wood chips, soaked (optional)
- 2 ½ pounds pork tenderloin, butterflied and pounded to 3/4 inch
step 1: Combine habanero peppers, onion, green onions, ginger, and garlic, in a blender or food processor. Blend until quite fine. Add cider, white vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, and sugar. Season with mustard seed, salt, pepper, thyme, allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Continue to blend until smooth.
step 2: Place the pork tenderloin in a shallow casserole dish. Spread mixture on all sides of the meat (wear gloves or use a spatula). Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
step 3: Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
step 4: Lightly oil grate. Add soaked wood chips to coals, if using. Grill slabs of tenderloin, turning as needed, about 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
step 5: Remove meat from grill; allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly and serve.