Grilled Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 slices rye bread
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
- 10 thin slices cooked roast beef
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- salsa or picante sauce (optional)
step 1: Combine chilies, mayonnaise and mustard; spread about 1 tablespoon on one side of each slice of bread. Top half of the bread with one slice of cheese and two slices of beef. Cover with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of bread.
step 2: Grill sandwiches on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve with salsa or picante sauce if desired.