Grilled Seafood Po' Boy Recipe
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size shrimp
- 1 (10 ounce) fillet farm-raised catfish
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 leaves lettuce
- 4 French sandwich rolls, split and toasted
step 1: PEEL shrimp, and devein, if desired. Cut fish crosswise into 1-inch slices.
step 2: COMBINE shrimp and fish in a shallow dish, and sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Cover and chill 2 hours.
step 3: STIR together lemon juice and oil; pour over seafood. Cover and chill 30 more minutes.
step 4: CUT red peppers into thin strips; pat dry. Seed and chop jalapeno pepper. Stir together red pepper strips, jalapeno pepper, mayonnaise, and next 4 ingredients; set aside.
step 5: DRAIN seafood, and place in a grill basket coated with cooking spray.
step 6: GRILL, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees) 7 to 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and fish flakes with a fork, turning once.
step 7: ARRANGE seafood, tomato, and lettuce evenly on bottom halves of sandwich rolls. Spread top halves of rolls evenly with mayonnaise mixture, and place on lettuce.