Grilled Steak with Olive-Blue Cheese Glaze Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots or chopped onion
- 1 cup canned beef broth
- 1/2 cup port wine or additional beef broth
- 4 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks*, cut 1 to 1 1/4-inches thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup drained Lindsay® Black Ripe Pitted Olives, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue or gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or basil, chopped
step 1: Heat butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until sauce has reduced to 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes.
step 2: Meanwhile, season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-hot coals or in a ridged grill pan over medium heat until cooked as desired, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare depending on thickness of steaks.
step 3: Remove reduced sauce from heat; stir in olives, cheese and thyme. Arrange steaks on warm serving plates; top with glaze.