Grilled Tex-Mex Turkey Kabobs Recipe
- PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Wesson® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Gebhardt® Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, cut in 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds Butterball® Fresh Turkey Tenderloins, cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
step 1: To outdoor grill, lightly spray unheated grill rack with cooking spray. Prepare grill for medium direct heat cooking.
step 2: In a medium mixing bowl, combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Place 1/4 cup of the lime juice mixture in a small bowl and set aside. Place vegetables in the remaining lime juice mixture in medium mixing bowl and toss to coat completely. Remove vegetables, shaking off excess liquid and set aside on separate plate.
step 3: Add turkey to the medium mixing bowl and toss to lightly coat. Thread turkey and vegetables alternately onto skewers leaving a small space between pieces.
step 4: Place kabobs on rack over medium hot grill. Baste with the reserved lime juice mixture during cooking. Turn frequently for even cooking and browning.
step 5: Cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.