Grilled Turkey Breast with Plum Salsa Recipe
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) bone-in turkey breast
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 large plums, peeled and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Mixed greens
step 1: REMOVE skin from turkey breast, and discard. Place turkey in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag or baking dish.
step 2: COMBINE nectar and next 3 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
step 3: RESERVE and chill 3/4 cup nectar mixture. Pour remaining mixture over turkey breast, turning to coat; seal or cover, and chill overnight, turning occasionally.
step 4: REMOVE turkey from marinade, discarding marinade.
step 5: PREPARE a hot fire by piling charcoal on one side of grill, leaving other side empty. (For gas grills, light only one side.) Place food rack on grill. Arrange turkey over unlit side, and grill, covered with grill lid, 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in turkey registers 170 degrees, basting occasionally with remaining 1/2 cup reserved nectar mixture. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
step 6: STIR together plum and next 4 ingredients; serve with turkey and mixed greens.