Grilled Turkey Filets with Mixed Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Wesson® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/4 pounds Butterball® Fresh Turkey Breast Filets, rinsed and patted dry
step 1: To outdoor grill, lightly coat unheated grill rack with cooking spray. Prepare grill for medium direct heat cooking.
step 2: Place a large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Coat skillet with cooking spray, add onions and mushrooms and cook 3-5 minutes or until liquid from mushrooms has evaporated, stirring frequently.
step 3: In a small mixing bowl, combine broth and cornstarch and stir until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Add broth mixture, parsley, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper to mushrooms. Bring to a boil; stir until thickened. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
step 4: Brush filets lightly with vegetable oil and place on rack over medium hot grill. Turn one to two times for even cooking and browning. Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with mushroom sauce.